Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election

So we have a new president...am I excited?

No, not really. I didn't really care if it was Obama or McCain. I don't think either one is what our country needs, and I really don't believe that either one would or will last four years. That is a bad thing to say, but in my heart, it is really what I believe.

I am excited that enough of our country has been able to move past the skin color of the candidates and see the person inside. This was a historical election, one that will be remembered always, and always used as a precedence.

Why am I so uncaring? I am embarrassed at how the whole campaign was run, on both sides. So much mud slinging, and so little about any type of accomplishment that either side made. Maybe I was ignorant four years ago, but I truly don't remember it being like this. I tried doing research on both sides, but all I could really find is the negative. I wanted to know what they have done and what they could do, not what they didn't do, or how they lied about what they did, or the fact that they really didn't have experience, or the fact that they had the wrong kind of experience. Just give me simple facts, and let me decide!

That's all for now...

No comments: