Monday, June 15, 2009

My new goal...

I am bound and determined to be a better mother!

That doesn't mean letting the munchkins walk all over me, or buying them anything that they want, but I want to make sure that there are more good memories then bad, more fun then boredom, and more love then frustration!

My first step ~ instead of simply kissing them goodnight and telling them that I love them at bedtime, I am going to talk to them about at least one thing of value that happened during the day. Whether it be the frog that they caught in the yard, or how accomplished they felt by helping us clean up the backyard. Something that helps them realize that they have significant and important contributions to our life.

In return, I am hoping that I begin to have significance and meaning in their life.

No comments: